WORK WITH US
We offer all staff:
- Competitive salaries
- Generous holiday allowance
- Induction and ongoing training
- Support of a specialist manager
- Opportunities for career development
- Annual conference for all staff
- Employee Assistance Programme
WE RELY ON OUR FANTASTIC TEAM OF OVER 120 VOLUNTEERS TO PROVIDE MANY OF OUR SERVICES.
We value our volunteers highly and strive to ensure that each person:
- Has a clear role description
- Has the support they need to carry out their role
- Is given the training needed for the role
- Has all out-of-pocket expenses, e.g.. travel expenses reimbursed
There are many benefits to volunteering and people volunteer for different reasons including:
- To gain new skills, knowledge and experience
- To make a difference to the lives of others
- To feel valued and part of a team
- To spend quality time away from work or a busy lifestyle
- To gain confidence and self-esteem.
- To enhance a CV and improve employment prospects
- To use professional skills and knowledge to benefit others (usually described as pro bono).
FUNDRAISE FOR US
We truly welcome every single penny and pound raised to help us reach even more people.
People can hold an event rather than make a donation. You could organise a sponsored event with donations via Just Giving (we are able to help you set this up and promote your event), or ask your friends to make a donation via Facebook instead of buying you a birthday present.
If you are the active / sporty type (or aspiring to be!), you could consider running a 10K race, half-marathon, full marathon or perhaps a bungee jump to raise funds for us.
MORE OF A BAKER?
If that’s not your cup of tea, how about considering holding a bake sale or a party, asking for a token donation for people to attend?
OR GO WILD!
Perhaps shave your hair off, or do a sponsored silence with your children?
The possibilities are endless, and every penny really does help! You will have the option of giving the proceeds to the organisation as a whole, or alternatively you can let us know if there is a specific service you would like your money to go to.
Our trustees are vital to the running of the organisation. The most important qualities needed to become a trustee are a commitment to the aims of the organisation and a willingness to discuss ideas and options and help make decisions in the best interests of the charity.
Trustees have legal responsibility for the overall direction and decision making in the organisation And delegate the day-to-day management of the organisation to the Chief Executive and Senior Management Team who report to the Board.
Being a trustee is a great way to
- Support a cause you believe in
- Develop new skills
- Work with a wide range of people
- Gain work experience
- Give yourself a new challenge
- Enhance your CV
The most important qualities needed in a trustee are a commitment to the aims of the organisation, a willingness to discuss ideas and options, and to help make decisions in the best interest of the charity.
If you are interested in joining our board of Trustees please send an email to email@example.com or call 01273 322940