Working with us
Impact is a diverse, dynamic, forward thinking and evolving charity. Now’s an exciting time to join us!
What we offer
We offer excellent conditions of employment including:
- A competitive salary
- Generous holiday allowance
- Stakeholder pension scheme
- Induction period, on-going supervision and formal appraisal
- Opportunities for career development
- Further training and enhancement of your skills
- An annual networking meeting for the whole staff team
If you are interested in applying for any of our job vacancies, please download an application pack below. If you would like a printed application pack sent to you via post, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the job vacancy and state your name and postal address.
Employment Specialist (Mid Sussex)
Job reference: WES/Dec21
Mid Sussex work area
Part-time: 22.5 hours per week
Starting salary: Band 3 / NJC Point 13 / £22,087 p.a. (pro rata)
+ Generous holiday allowance and stakeholder pension
An opportunity has arisen to become part of the friendly and supportive Workability team. The Workability team support people with physical disabilities, sensory impairment, acquired brain injury and carers to find and keep employment. You will work in the Mid Sussex area and have a case load of approximately 15.
You will be responsible for:
- Supporting customers with vocational profiling and employment goal setting
- Engaging with employers to open-up and secure employment opportunities
- Supporting customers to identify their support needs in relation to employment
- Providing education and support to employers and negotiating any reasonable adjustments needed by customers
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- A good understanding of the employment needs and difficulties of people who have a disability or caring responsibilities
- Excellent communication skills with a wide range of people
- An ability to initiate and develop relationships with employers
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974) and the successful applicant will be subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
Closing date for applications: 10.00AM, Friday 19 November 2021
Interview date: Friday 3 December 2021
Download an application pack
Linked to the right are the recruitment information sheet (please read this carefully before completing the application form), application form, job description, equal opportunities monitoring form and our Recruitment of Ex-Offenders Policy.
If you wish to find out more about the vacancy there is a contact name and number on the job description. Please click on the grey shaded boxes of the application form to type. Please also ensure that if you submit an extra sheet for the ‘supporting statement’ it is headed with your name and the job reference number. We look forward to hearing from you.
Please return your completed application either by email to email@example.com or by post to the address listed at the foot of this webpage.
Please note we do not accept CVs, you must complete our application form for any current job vacancies.
Our fantastic team of over 150 volunteers help us to provide many of our services. We have a wide variety of volunteering opportunities.