Working with us
Impact is a diverse, dynamic, forward thinking and evolving charity. Now’s an exciting time to join us!
What we offer
We offer excellent conditions of employment including:
- A competitive salary
- Generous holiday allowance
- Stakeholder pension scheme
- Induction period, on-going supervision and formal appraisal
- Opportunities for career development
- Further training and enhancement of your skills
- An annual networking meeting for the whole staff team
If you are interested in applying for any of our job vacancies, please download an application pack below. Please accept our apologies as we are currently unable to mail out printed copies of the application pack due to staff based at our Central office currently working in remote locations.
Self ADVOCACY SUPPORTER (ASPERGER'S GROUP)
Job reference: ASC/SA/May21
Part-time: 12 hours per week
Salary starting: Impact Band 3 / NJC Point 13 / £7,163 per annum actual salary (pro rata of full-time rate: £22,087 p.a.)
(paid travel expenses, Pension and a generous 65 hours a year holiday allowance)
This is an exciting opportunity to join Impact Advocacy Service Team. The supporter will work alongside self-advocates to support them to run their group and improve access to their local communities.
The role includes supporting the groups to:
- run their meetings;
- work on projects that they have planned;
- encourage new members, and
- supporting members to have a voice.
Requirements for this role:
- An interest in working with people with Asperger’s and other Autistic Spectrum Conditions and a willingness to learn about this condition
- Good communication skills
- An ability to work effectively within group settings
- An ability to attend daytime and evening meetings on a recurring monthly basis
- An ability to travel independently around West Sussex
If you have queries about the job, please telephone Harriet Wilson or Lesley Durbin on 01903 730044.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974) and the successful applicant may be subject to a DBS check.
Closing date for applications: Wed 16 JUNE 2021
Interview date: To be confirmed
Download an application pack
Linked to the right are the recruitment information sheet (please read this carefully before completing the application form), application form, job description, equal opportunities monitoring form and our Recruitment of Ex-Offenders Policy.
If you wish to find out more about the vacancy there is a contact name and number on the job description. Please click on the grey shaded boxes of the application form to type. Please also ensure that if you submit an extra sheet for the ‘supporting statement’ it is headed with your name and the job reference number. We look forward to hearing from you.
Please return your completed application either by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to the address listed at the foot of this webpage.
Please note we do not accept CVs, you must complete our application form for any current job vacancies.
Our fantastic team of over 150 volunteers help us to provide many of our services. We have a wide variety of volunteering opportunities.