If you are interested in applying for any of our job vacancies, please download an application pack. Alternatively, if you would prefer to be sent a physical copy of the application pack by post, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call our 24 hour recruitment line on 01273 322958.
Female Support Worker (ST/SW/Jun18)
Are you looking for a new challenge and a genuinely rewarding job?
We are seeking a Support Worker to join our expert team
Stopover provides Brighton & Hove’s only female specific housing and support through trauma informed care.
This role is based in our Stopover 1, 2 and 3 houses which provide a pathway through high medium and low level support
The young women we work with often have a history of negative and damaging relationships including abuse and domestic violence as well as mental health issues, behavioural issues and substance misuse. The role of the Support Worker is to provide a consistent positive professional relationship that will allow the young women to start to trust, open up and address the issues in their past..
- Be committed to fostering positive professional relationships with the young women
- Have an understanding of the effects of early trauma on young women
- Be able to provide on-going support through the transition within the Stopover accommodation pathway.
In return we offer:
- Ongoing support and training
- Restorative circles with an external facilitator
- Generous annual leave allowance
- Perkbox discount scheme
SUPPORT WORKER (Ref: ST/SW/Jun18)
35 hours per week over a rolling 7 day rota
27 days annual leave (pro rata); additional 3 days at Christmas and statutory public holidays
Salary scale: Impact Band 3 starting £20,661 (pro rata)
This is a permanent contract
For a full job description, person specification and application pack please visit our website impact-initiatives.org.uk/jobs
Please note, we are also currently looking for bank Support Workers – candidates who are unsuccessful after interview stage may be offered a bank role. If you would like to apply for a bank role only, please indicate this on your application form (same job description applies).
If you would like to chat to someone about the role, please contact the Service Manager Stevie Graves on 07896 147 748.
Closing date for applications is 9.00am, Wednesday 27th June 2018
Interviews to take place during week commencing Monday 2nd July 2018
Senior Café Worker (SCW/JUN18)
Impact Initiatives is recruiting a new Senior Café Worker at The Hop 50+ in Hove.
This is an opportunity to use your skills and initiative to realise the plan of providing a lively and vibrant centre and café which meet the needs of local people.
The Hop 50+ is open 7 days per week providing a range of activities and services for people aged 50+.
Location: The Hop 50+, Palmeira Square, Hove BN3 2FL
Job reference: SCW/JUN18
Hours: 24 hours p/w / 9am – 3pm (Mon-Thurs provisionally, open to discussion)
Salary: Impact Band 2 / NJC Point 18 / £18,870 (pro rata) [£9.78 per hour]
Other incentives: Employer contributed pension + 27 days annual leave (pro rata)
You will be responsible for:
- Planning and cooking a varied range of meals, lighter options and beverages for café customers
- Maintaining Health & Safety and required Food Hygiene standards
- Contributing to the ongoing development of the café in line with the differing needs of its users
- Supporting a café team of staff and volunteers
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Passion and commitment to providing a high quality café service for up to 40 people per day
- An understanding of the needs of older people around food and nutrition
- Minimum Level 2 in Food Safety in Catering (training can be provided)
- Experience of maintaining Health & Safety in a café
Closing Date: 9.00am Thursday, 28th June 2018
Interviews will be held Thursday, 5th July 2018
For an informal chat about the job, please ring Lin Hastings on 01273 729603
Why work for Impact Initiatives?
Impact is a diverse, dynamic and forward thinking charity with a highly committed and professional staff team. We are a developing organisation and it is an exciting time to join us.
Every year we work with more than 2,500 people of all ages, helping them to live healthy and fulfilling lives.
“The work can be very challenging, but it is always rewarding, and you will get real job satisfaction from knowing that what you do is making a difference.”
What We Offer
We offer excellent conditions of employment including:
- A competitive salary
- Generous holiday allowance
- Stakeholder pension scheme
- Induction period, on-going supervision and formal appraisal
- Opportunities for career development
- Further training and enhancement of your skills
- An annual networking meeting for the whole staff team
Download an application pack
Linked below are the recruitment information sheet (please read this carefully before completing the application form), application form, job description, equal opportunities monitoring form and our Recruitment of Ex-Offenders Policy.
If you wish to find out more about the vacancy there is a contact name and number on the job description. Please click on the grey shaded boxes of the application form to type. Please also ensure that if you submit an extra sheet for the ‘supporting statement’ it is headed with your name and the job reference number. We look forward to hearing from you.
Please return your completed application either by email to email@example.com or by post to the address listed at the foot of this webpage.
Please note we do not accept CVs, you must complete our application form (linked below) for any current job vacancies.
Job descriptions/person specifications:
All other documents: