Working with us
Impact is a diverse, dynamic, forward thinking and evolving charity. Now’s an exciting time to join us!
We have a highly committed and professional staff team and every year we work with more than 4,500 people of all ages, helping them to live healthy and fulfilling lives.
“The work can be very challenging, but it is always rewarding, and you will get real job satisfaction from knowing that what you do is making a difference.”
What we offer
We offer excellent conditions of employment including:
- A competitive salary
- Generous holiday allowance
- Stakeholder pension scheme
- Induction period, on-going supervision and formal appraisal
- Opportunities for career development
- Further training and enhancement of your skills
- An annual networking meeting for the whole staff team
If you are interested in applying for any of our job vacancies, please download an application pack below. Alternatively, if you would prefer to be sent a physical copy of the application pack by post, please email email@example.com or call our 24 hour recruitment line on 01273 322958.
Advocate/Self-Advocacy group supporter
Job reference: ASGS/Mar19
Part-time 30 hours per week
Fixed-term contract ending June 2020
Location: Northern area of West Sussex
Salary NJC Band 3 £21,496 p.a. pro rata (starting salary dependent on previous advocacy experience)
27 days annual leave plus 3 extra days at Christmas and the usual statutory holidays pro rata per annum
Funded by West Sussex County Council, Impact Advocacy Service provides high quality, confidential, independent support, which gives people a voice and makes sure it is heard. An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Advocate/Self-Advocacy Supporter to join our team, working with adults with learning and/or physical disabilities, sensory impairments, acquired brain injury and autistic spectrum conditions.
This opportunity plays a vital part in enabling us to support people to know their rights and make their own informed choices. We offer both instructed and non-instructed advocacy.
PLEASE NOTE: this post has 2 distinct roles; 18 hours a week Community Advocacy and 12 hours a week as Self-Advocacy Supporter (job share would be considered).
– The successful candidate will have:
- A clear understanding of advocacy principles and, ideally, have an advocacy qualification.
- Experience of working with adults with disabilities.
- A good understanding of Self-Advocacy
- An ability to communicate well with people with a learning disability
- An ability to support people to express their views, wishes and feelings.
- An ability to ensure vulnerable people have a voice.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- An ability to work effectively within group settings
- An ability to work flexible hours, and attend both day and evening meetings
- An ability to travel independently around West Sussex
If after you have downloaded/received the application pack, you would like an informal chat about the post, please ring: Deena Stockdale, Lesley Durbin or Harriet Wilson on 01903 730044.
To apply please visit our jobs page: impact-initiatives.org.uk/jobs
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974) and the successful applicant will be subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services check.
Closing Date: 12.00 NOON, FRIDAY 1 April 2019.
Interviews Wednesday 24 APRIL 2019
Download an application pack
Please see job listings above to download the relevant job description/person specification.
Linked to the right are the recruitment information sheet (please read this carefully before completing the application form), application form, job description, equal opportunities monitoring form and our Recruitment of Ex-Offenders Policy.
If you wish to find out more about the vacancy there is a contact name and number on the job description. Please click on the grey shaded boxes of the application form to type. Please also ensure that if you submit an extra sheet for the ‘supporting statement’ it is headed with your name and the job reference number. We look forward to hearing from you.
Please return your completed application either by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to the address listed at the foot of this webpage.
Please note we do not accept CVs, you must complete our application form for any current job vacancies.
Our fantastic team of over 150 volunteers help us to provide many of our services. We have a wide variety of volunteering opportunities.